You know that hobby or passion you love the most, that you would do everyday if you could? For some it’s being a rock star, for some to travel around the world, working with children, or maybe become a food critic. Photography is that to me. I am so lucky to be able to call myself a photographer, because I genuinely love my job. I grew up in Sweden and moved to London three years ago to fulfill my dreams of becoming a photographer. Without a job and without knowing anyone, I started my London life by staying in a crowded hostel with a massive suitcase and my beloved camera. After working hard and meeting some truly incredible people, I’ve proudly built up a life and my photography business here in the city of my dreams.
On these pages you’ll see my portrait and wedding photography which is very close to my heart, images I’m proud of and people I’ve been lucky to work for. You will also get a taste of the editorial/commercial photography I do as well as my Photoshop and retouching projects. I believe that you can never stop learning and throughout the years I’ve taught myself how to become a professional retoucher, photographer and business woman. You can read more about my weddings, fashion shoots and personal on my blog.
I hope and believe that Cecelina Photography will be more than just images to you. I want it to be a great service and a caption of memories to you who decide to share your wedding day with me. I want it to be a high end professional service for your event and a personal experience for your or your family’s portrait. I’m happy to say I am living my dream.
10 Things I Bet You Didn’t Know About Me
- My name comes from a dream my dad had before I was born and is completely made up. As it didn’t exist in Sweden before, my parents had to get it approved before they could officially call me Cecelina.
- I genuinely don’t know how many pairs of shoes I have. You could say I am a passionate shopper. Or a shoe-oholic.
- I am a total wedding nerd and love everything about a weddings (and have been known to wipe a tear of my face during ceremonies)
- My family is incredibly important to me and often I regret the decision to live in a different country to them.
- I love glossy fashion magazines and photography editorials. That is a big inspiration to me when shooting weddings and brides, I want my brides and grooms to feel gorgeous!
- When I was 7 years old I wanted to be a football player, a writer, a painter and a photographer. When I was 12 years old I wrote an essay in school on the topic “What are you doing in 10 years?”. I wrote that I would live in London and work as a photographer.
- My favourite author is Agatha Christie and I’ve probably read “Murder on the Orient Express” 20 times.
- I love fashion and consider it a great art form. London is a great place to be inspired and here people will accept you no matter what you wear.
- My first car was a white -95 Nissan Micra which I named “Mercedes”. In the snowy winters of Sweden she looked like a marshmallow.
- I know every song from “Sound Of Music” by heart (and quite possibly all the lines too…)
- I love baking and my speciality is the Swedish “kladdkaka”, roughly translated to “sticky chocolate cake”.
- My most loved piece of clothing is a pink trench coat with black dots which I bought in Topshop and my Jeffrey Campbell heels from New York. I could wear them everyday.
Photography credit: Karolina Tornberg.